Do you have an avid reader in your life? I made this card with my niece in mind! She needs to be read to every night for her pre-school homework and I wanted to make her a card she could use. I became inspired to create a bookmark card! The bookmark on this card is adhered with 2 glue dots and can be removed easily, so the bookmark can be put to use!
Here’s what you need to recreate this card:
- Cut and score a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card on Whisper White Card Stock
- Cut a 2 inch wide by 5 inch long piece of Whisper White Card Stock and punch one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper.
- Tie a length (about 6 inches) of the white ribbon from the Succulent Garden 3/8 ribbon combo pack and tie it to the top of the bookmark.
- Cut a 1 inch wide strip of your choice of paper from the A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack and adhere to the book mark with Snail.
- Cut a 2 inch wide 5 /1/2 inch long strip of A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper and adhere to the card with Snail.
- On a 2 inch x 2 inch square of Whisper White card stock stamp the fox in Cajun Craze. Then use Black Archival ink to stamp the eyes and nose (together on one stamp) and then his cute little legs. Adhere to the bookmark with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the word bubble with hearts onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and use your Paper Snips to cut out (fussy cut) the word bubble. Adhere to the bookmark with Dimensionals.
- Stamp the “Love You Lots” sentiment from the Sealed with Love stamp set in Cajun Craze on the top right corner.
- You’re done! Easy, and not too many frills! You can of course add more layers, embellishments etc. if you want to dress it up even more.
The Foxy Friends stamp set and matching punch are so fun to use. You can make a number of different animals, I barely scratched the surface! Here is another version I did making it into a cat.
I love diving into my Stampin’ Up crafting supplies and creating! Want to join me in some crafty fun? Check out my Events!
Don’t forget to score your FREE stamp sets! The Sale-a-Bration ends on March 31st. There are 3 ways to rack up the freebies! For every $50 spent you can pick something free from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. If you choose to join the Stampin’ Up family you pick $125 of whatever you want and pay only $99 + tax (free shipping) AND you get TWO free stamp sets of your choice added for free!
Until Next Time,