If you past this past Saturday’s free crafting meet-up at Old New York Deli & Bakery Co. in Camarillo – never fear, a tutorial is here! I gathered with a few lovely crafters to show them how to make a watercolor look using pencils an blender pens.
This is a very forgiving technique and the lace stamps on top really create a beautiful effect. Here are the supplies you need to create this card:
1. Create a card base with Tip Top Taupe. Score at the 4 1/4 mark and cut at the 5 1/2 mark. Cut a piece of Whisper White 4 x 5
2. Take out your water color pencils and choose Basic Grey, Early Espresso, Pacific Point and Bermuda Bay. Use broad strokes across the page and make sure the colors overlap each other.
3. Get the blender pen and blend away! I like to drag up the color below into the color above it to give a fading in and out look.
4. Set that aside to let the paper rest. Now use a scrap of Whisper White and Night of Navy Cardstock and use the 2″ circle punch to create 2 circles.
5. Use the “Hoping Your Day is Perfect” stamp from Suite Sentiments in Night of Navy ink and stamp onto the Whisper White circle. Adhere to half of the Night of Navy circle using SNAIL Adhesive.
6. Now, use any combination of Delicate Details on a large stamping block (Clear Block F). I used grid paper to line them all up and then pressed them onto the block.
7. Gently pat the Night of Navy ink onto the stamp, bring the ink to the stamp. Then, set your colored paper on the stampin pierce pad and I recommend standing up to see exactly where your stamp is going. Then go for it – stamp! Repeat the inking on the stamp and stamp again for the second row of Delicate Details. If it’s not perfectly straight -that’s ok! It’s looks vintage ; )
8. Cut out a length of silver ribbon with paper snips and use glue dots to adhere to the colored paper. Tuck the ends behind the paper.
9. Use 2 dimensionals on the punched out circles and stick them on top of the ribbon.
10. Use a dash of SNAIL adhesive on the back of the colored paper, one in each corner and in the center. Now adhere the colored paper to your Tip Top Taupe card base.
11. Add a little Wink of Stella in Clear to wherever you would like for a little extra sparkle!
Do you want to make cards like this one? I have one more card class this month and an Oh So Succulent Wreath making class. Please RSVP today! Can’t make these? There is a free Coffee + Crafts Meet Up again next month, same place, same time. Go to my events page to see more.
Don’t forget you can …JOIN the Fam!
Pick out $125 in anything you want and only pay $99 + tax (free shipping included!) and you will also get to add on TWO extra items for free! Plus there are lots of other perks to joining the family, like getting access to a discount. You can read all about it here.
Until Next Time,