Today kicks off the first day of the March 31 Day Blog Challenge! I’ll be posting EVERY SINGLE DAY this month, yikes! Today’s prompt is to post a self portrait and 5 random facts about myself.
Last time I took a self portrait was when Kyle and I took our engagement pictures. While the photographer set up we snapped a quick one of our own on my iphone. Does it count as a self portrait if someone else is in it?
1. I’m left handed! This makes life very interesting. When I worked at McDonald’s at age 14 I had a hard time using the french fry scooper. I always loaded the french fry boxes in a very awkward manner. When I worked at Taco Bell I folded the taco wrappers in a backward way and they got a special left handed meat scooper for me. I love being a lefty!
2. My last name is not my father’s last name. It really should be Hernandez, not Gonzalez. Basically there was a crazy love triangle situation–please don’t judge my mother negatively. Life happens, so what! I’m changing my name when I get married anyway 🙂
3. I don’t like going on roller coasters. I HATE that icky stomach in your throat feeling that I get when I get on rides with steep drops. If I ever go to an amusement park with you PLEASE do NOT try to convince me to go on any adventurous rides. Whenever I go to an amusement park with new people this always happens and I sometimes eventually cave, go on Space Mountain, scream and hyperventilate and mistake someones hand tapping the top of my head for them biting my head…er….yea that happened once.
4. I’m terrible at math and in college was actually diagnosed with having a learning disability called dyscalculia. Yes it’s real, no it’s not some BS thing and it is NOT like dyslexia at all. I took a series of tests over the course of three different days for them to correctly come to this conclusion. I don’t know my multiplication facts, I can’t tell time very well and I can barely do simple math in my head.
5. I have one tattoo! My sisters and I each got unique orchid tattoos when our grandmother passed away. After the funeral we chose one orchid from her casket and went directly to a tattoo shop. In fact, you could say I have two tattoos because I was not happy with my first one so my best friend’s husband covered it up with a better orchid!