I am ready for fall! This Sunday I set out some Halloween decorations and did some cleaning with my new pumpkin spice scented candle burning all day. The weather is cool and a breeze helped filter that yummy scent through out the house. I also received my latest Stampin’ Up order – it’s so exciting to receive my crafting goodies, never gets old for me! I quickly unpacked the box and I immediately knew I wanted to make a Halloween themed card for my happy mailers.
Once I opened the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper these two ideas came to mind. I made them and asked my family to vote for their favorite. The winner….
- Take a sheet of Very Vanilla card stock and score at 4 1/4 inches and cut at 5 1/2 inches
- Punch out a 2 inch circle, place a little lower than the middle of the card front. Keep your fingers on it to hold in place while you sponge Pumpkin Pie ink around the circle, using a swirling motion to spread the ink out to the edges of the card.
- Remove the circle, sponge on Crushed Curry ink on the bottom portion and blend up into the Pumpkin Pie, careful not to spread any into your now empty circle.
- Brush clear Wink of Stella around the middle of the card, but not on the circle – keep it free of any inks or markings!
- Stamp the Halloween message from the Labels to Love stamp set using Clear Block D and Basic Black Archival ink.
- Add 2 Black Rhinestone Jewels to the edges of the stamped image.
- Use the cat punch to match up with the cat print paper from the Spooky Night DSP set.
- Use paper snips to cut out a witches hat from the Spooky Night DSP set.
- Adhere the cat to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Use the Paper Snips to cut a strip of Stampin’ Dimensionals to fit the witch hat, adhere to the cat’s head and connect to the card.
- Use the Clear Wink of Stella to glitter up the witch hat.
Which card do you prefer? How long do you wait before setting out your Halloween decorations? I just love being festive!
Speaking of festive…don’t forget to RSVP for the next Christmas Card Club Class on September 23. My mind is on fall, pumpkin spice lattes and Halloween but I know Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye – join this class to make cards NOW and be ready for the season!
Make 20 Christmas cards now – be ahead of the game before the holidays get here!
$25 class includes all supplies and materials – including refreshments and child care
$30 class + own the Merry Little Labels stamp set
$40 class + own the Merry Little Labels stamp set and Everyday Label Punch
Until Next Time,