The other day I visited one of my favorite blogs, Double Chin Diary, and read a post about the author being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! When I reached the bottom I discovered that she nominated me as one of her Versatile Bloggers! The blogger community is great because we all try to support each other with commenting, linking up and generally spreading the word about fellow bloggers.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award! Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
Answer the 15 questions the nominator left for you.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award with a link to their blog.
Ask those bloggers 15 Questions.
Thank you Alyssa for nominating me for this fun blogger activity! I enjoy reading Double Chin Diary because it is inspirational and entertaining. She is open and honest about the ups and downs that come along with weight loss and healthy living. I love watching her progress and love her writing style.
Questions for me:
1) What is your favorite day of the week, and why?
My favorite day would be Saturday because it’s completely open–no work that day and no work the next so I have the full day and night to whatever I want!
2) Do you have any pets? What are their names?
I have two pets. One pug named Sheila and an all white cat named Snow Snuggles. I grew up with lots of animals in the house, my mom was a Veterinarian Technician with a soft spot for runts and rejects, so creatures with paws, feathers or scales have always been my friends!
3) What do you sleep in every night?
Either PJ pants and a tank or shorts and a tank. Nothing fancy, just as long as its soft and comfy.
4) What are your thoughts on Black Friday shopping?
As a former retail employee I can say I do not have the urge to rush out early in the morning to catch deals. The sales usually last all weekend anyway. Maybe if there was something I REALLY needed and it was at an insanely good price I would go out. Otherwise you’ll find me picking the racks on Sunday night or not at all!
5) What’s the best thing you cook?
Good question…cereal? I’m too impatient when I cook, I just throw stuff together. I think I can make a mean egg scramble. Eggs, veggies and cheese!
6) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I like that I am able to stick to a goal. I’m determined. No matter what obstacles get in my way I figure out a way to achieve my goals. I felt like giving up on college so many times because of life events but it’s the one thing that remained consistent between ages 17-24. I felt like I was destined to continue on the same path as others in my life. Constantly struggling, needing government support and possibly ending up a single mom. It sounds dramatic but when you are told you are a statistic all your life you start doubting that success and raising the bar could ever be a reality.
7) Do you wish mythical things like unicorns, fairies, vampires and dragons were real?
Yes! Maybe. Well, fairies, unicorns and fairy god mothers. I don’t know about dragons and vampires.
8) What is the last movie you saw in the theater?
I just saw Lincoln in the theater and I cried three different times! I’ve become so emotional as I get older. The movie dragged in some places but when it picked up I really felt moved.
9) Can you whistle?
Kind of, when I had a gap in my front teeth it was way easier. I just blew air through the gap!
10) If you had 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
I’d spend time with my sisters, niece and Kyle. I would talk to people who hurt me in the past and try to make peace. Or at least get closure.
11) Are you a spender or a saver?
A saver, I am able to resist temptation and save up for things. I’d rather save up for something good instead of spending on a bunch of little things.
12) Do you name your cars?
I think when I had a red Dodge Neon I called it “Red” a few times but car naming never stuck with me.
13) What’s your least favorite thing about the place you live right now?
The size! It’s sooo small! It’s basically a studio with an upstairs sleeping area. When Kyle needs quiet for studying I have to be vewy, vewy quiet! Second least favorite would be the neighborhood. It’s lonely out here in the big dirty valley!
14) Do you believe in ghosts?
I like to spook myself sometimes and listen to ghost stories but I don’t know if they are real. So maybe I do believe. It’s fun to let me imagination run wild with the idea.
15) What is the last thing you ate?
For lunch I ate a ready made Chef Salad from Fresh and Easy.
I nominate these bloggers (not 15 but it’s something!):
These blogs are all vastly different from each other, have fun checking them out!
- Who taught you how to ride a bike?
- What did you want to be when you were in high school?
- Are you where you thought you would be?
- What is your dream job?
- Would you rather live in an extreme cold or extreme hot place?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- When’s the last time you had a vacation, where did you go?
- Do you like roller coasters or other thrill rides?
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- What do you think about people who treat their pets like children?
- What do you think about people who treat their children like pets?
- Are you wearing shoes right now?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Would you ever want to be celebrity famous?
- Did you enjoy answering these questions? 🙂